Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After bickering back and forth with the pawn shop guy yesterday I walked out with a 1964 989 for $40.00. Needs some love but has a nice tiger stripped stock but has what looks like white house paint splattered on it and need a magazine. The barrel needs refinished but I've been wanting to try cold bluing so no big deal.
My question is..... Has anyone tried a 795 magazine in a 989 ? I took my daughters 795 mag and it fits great but living where I do I can't try it out to see if it will feed like it should. But it looks like the bolt slides right where it should and looks promising. I know the 25n mag fits but I have a few 795 mags on hand and was curious if anyone else has tried this ?

Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
453 Posts
You can indeed use the 795 magazines in a 989, but not vice versa. I have a 989m2 as well as a 795 and I use the 10-round stainless steel mags exclusively. The 795 can be modified to accept the older magazines but there is no benefit to it that I know of.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You can indeed use the 795 magazines in a 989, but not vice versa. I have a 989m2 as well as a 795 and I use the 10-round stainless steel mags exclusively. The 795 can be modified to accept the older magazines but there is no benefit to it that I know of.
Benefit of being able to use the Ramline 15-rd mag & the older 12rd's...that's it.
That is the scary 15-rd mag that Bill Clinton thought unacceptable for use in the Marlins...lol

See the second mag from the left with the red follower? That is a Ramline 15-rd mag.
The three mags on the right are 25-rd Shooter's Ridge/Champion mags...
The remaining mag is a Stoeger Luger mag...hehehe
Automotive exterior Auto part

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.