Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have a '94 CL with the Skinner Express peep? I just put one on mine and at 50 yds it is shooting 7 1/2 " high. My load with a 100 gr Hornady was at 1950 FPS. By my calculations I need to change the front sight to the .75 high skinner. I guess my question is, by your experience does this sound reasonable. It is the tallest one they make. TIA
Have a great day
Jim

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had to install a taller front sight, too, on a 375. That sounds about right!

Just remembered, I may have had to file it down a bit, but no big deal! Easy to touch up with cold blue or even a Sharpie!

·
Registered
700 Posts
If you have 24inches between your front and rear sight and there are 75 24 inch segments in 50 yards you will need a front sight .1 or one tenth of an inch higher than you have. or shim the rear base .1 higher and you will be 7.5 inches higher at 50.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear sight is as low as it will go. My calculations require a front sight .094 taller to be right for my rifle and load. The tall skinner is .1 taller and I will not file it as I have adjustment at the rear for that. Thanks for the replies.
Have a great day.
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.