Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body have any information on the Ivory bead front sight and the length or model of the rear buckhorn sight that accompanied a the Marlin '93 sporting carbines. Pictures and info in brophy's book is a bit confusin' for my small brain. I ask because I recently picked up a carbine that is in real nice shape but it has a changed out sight package. Lyman Comb. 1a tang sight, Lyman No. 6 folding leaf sight and a redfield ivory bead sight on the front. You can see just a small mark above the leaf sight where the original buckhorn set and there is just a small small gap under the front sight. Any of you 1893 or 93 collectors got the correct info it would be greatly appreciated. Fits into that hard to place the exact year category, with a C prefix 4digit serial no.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Early model '93 and 1893 Marlin carbines used a ladder type carbine rear sight. The later post WWI era carbines used the typical rocky mtn. type rear, which was @2.330" long from center of the dovetail to rear edge of the upright blade. It also used the standard "harpoon" style elevator. The front was not a ivory bead, but rather a gold or brass colored bead. The front sight was @ .435" tall.
Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts