Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I have a 93 half oct. half round half mag for sale. Caliber is 32-40. CC is showing under lever only,everything else is brownig out. The reciever looks almost like it had been nickel plated. The front site is a marbles #5 but missing the bead, the rear is a buckhorn that has been filled down a bit. The stock has been notched for a tang site which is missing. PLease contact me at my e-mail site.Thank you Jim

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Jim

I'am collecting data on the Marlin Model 93 rifles. The ones chambered for the .32-40 caliber are quite scarce. I would be interested in the following information off of your rifle in order to gain more knowledge about the 93. What I have documented so far will be published in the Marlin Collector for all to share. I do not keep any information as to where it came from.

What is the name Marlin used on the barrel such as Marlin Firearms Corporation? Is the serial number on the lower tang? Is there a star* by the Model 93 stamp on the upper tang? Is there a bullseye on the bottom of the buttstock. What is the length of the barrel? In your opinion do you think the rifle is all original save the sights? I would like to have more of the serial number and I will email you for that. Thank You, Parley

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Jim

Sent you an email. :D Actually two as I forgot one question. :wink: Parley

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Jim

Yes I got your email. Thank You for the reply. For the forum what Jim has in a Model 1893 made before WW1. I got blinded by the C prefix to the serial number and got faked out but should have known better. :oops: Parley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts