Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have seen this posted somewhere before, but I have searched and can not find it. 925M and failure to fires. I bought it about a year and a half ago, but didn't get to shoot it very much at all, and had some FTFs then. I've shot about 400 rounds now and still have them. I went to the range today and had 6 FTFs out of 40 rounds of CCI Maxi Mags. If I remember right there were others that had the same problem with the 925M. What do you have to do to correct the problem? I don't know if it would do any good to contact Marlin because I forgot to send the warranty card off.
Then one more question, will the stocks from a 917 and a 925M interchange? I would like to get a wood stock and do some changes but keep mine in case I mess anything up.

·
Premium Member
11,577 Posts
Big Jerry said:
I know I have seen this posted somewhere before, but I have searched and can not find it. 925M and failure to fires. I bought it about a year and a half ago, but didn't get to shoot it very much at all, and had some FTFs then. I've shot about 400 rounds now and still have them. I went to the range today and had 6 FTFs out of 40 rounds of CCI Maxi Mags. If I remember right there were others that had the same problem with the 925M. What do you have to do to correct the problem? I don't know if it would do any good to contact Marlin because I forgot to send the warranty card off.
Then one more question, will the stocks from a 917 and a 925M interchange? I would like to get a wood stock and do some changes but keep mine in case I mess anything up.
BJ,
The FTF could be burrs within the firing pin slot in the front bolt, or burrs around the bore for the striker knob on the back of the rear bolt............Dis-assemble both the check, and remove all burrs on the SIDES of the firing pin in the process...........DON'T touch the front of the firing pin!

The warranty card doesn't matter........Marlin/Remington will trace the mfgr date by the serial number.......

The 917 stock will fit the 925M, but the barrel channel will be a bit large, as the 917 has a heavy barrel, but it won't look bad.

Tom

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fwiw, we've ran about 300 Maxis thru our brand new 925RM last month, followed with about 40 Winchesters X with absolutely no ftf or fte issues at all. Well, at least until near the end of the day when suddenly we couldn't get anything to fire. Trigger and safety suddenly kinda felt weird and the bolt action got strangely loose. First thought was either a broken firing pin, a dislodged spring or a wrist pin falling out. So I put her away and waited til I got home to do some exploratory surgery. Took me all of 10 minutes to discover that the forward screw trigger group screw (#62) that secures the trigger group (#61) had backed out about a third of the way, enabling the entire trigger group to move all over the place. Put some LocTite on it and tightened her back down----I'll find out this weekend if that was indeed the problem. Will report back later......

·
Registered
102 Posts
Big Shrek said:
If you don't already use some kind of lockwasher on your front screw, get one.

I like the star kind where the points are to the inside...
Yup, good call Shrek. They're called 'internal star washers' btw............

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 925m, works fine. But I also have a 783 .22 mag, and it fails to fire often. My guess is the stryker spring is weak from being left cocked for too long. My grandpa left the gun cocked all time for shooting groundhogs in his farmfields.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts