Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a 922 m off of gunbroker and want to get it apart and back together without breaking things. I know, I could wing it but that's how springs and little balls end up flying as we already know. I keep drawing blanks and reaching dead links after searching hours on Google. Want to get in under the ejector and clean our/smooth things up in there and put in a new spring if needed.

I know I could always just throw it in an ultrasonic cleaner and go thru soaking lubing routines but that won't help get the spring out. Anyone here actually ever done this? Need a little help from someone who actually has hopefully.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stymied in Star/Baffled in Boise,

Newtire

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have a 922M and it is no big deal to take apart, with one very small exception. There is a tiny little spring under the bolt lock bar (Part #5 in the Numrich parts diagram) that is easy to miss/lose/can't figure out where it came from that you have to be careful of. It falls out of place very easily, especially when you put it back together. Keep harsh solvents away from the plastic trigger group, I have heard of other owners melting it down from spray on cleaners. I hear that the trigger group is a bear to assemble, so I have not attempted to take it apart. I just flush it out with mineral spirits. Other than these pre-cautions is no big deal.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
leave the trigger assembly alone, buy a new buffer and clean the bolt assembly. I actually used frog lube and it helped the problem of jamming with the plated ammo. It is a fun rifle to shoot.

·
Registered
10,852 Posts
Is the 922m a tube feed?

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
Reactions: Mike 2010

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 922m at a gun show. I lost a model 25m to a home breaking and was going to replace it but got this 922m instead. I'm curious about the previous comment that 7 round mags causing jams. Is jamming a problem for this model and can high capacity mags be purchased?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Can high capacity mags be had for the 922M be had. Probably not, have a bunch of 15 round 25m mags, that require modification to fit. Been working on one, currently fits fine and works well up to about 8 rounds, then becomes a jam-o- matic. A work in progress, but not convinced it is actually going to work out. Unmodified 25M mag on right, original 922M mag on left. Not shown is additional mill work on an off side.

malin 25m to 922m mags .jpeg

·
Registered
10,852 Posts
magazine fed. mag holds 5 but can be modified to hold 7. but 7 in my experience makes it jam
I had trouble with my xt 22 m on the 5 rd mg jamming the 7 works fine...

·
Registered
803 Posts
I just purchased a 922m at a gun show. I lost a model 25m to a home breaking and was going to replace it but got this 922m instead. I'm curious about the previous comment that 7 round mags causing jams. Is jamming a problem for this model and can high capacity mags be purchased?
I have a number of 7 round mags that were converted from the 5 round mags that had the spacer in them originally. From my experience with them, I found that the feed lips on the magazines are very sensitive to position to make them feed reliably. Too tight, or too loose, and they would not feed consistently.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
If you find the original "hard" buffer in it, see how far you can throw it. Get the softer replacement buffer (same one the camp carbine uses) and replace it. I bought a used 922M and fired 4 rounds and the buffer shattered like a piece of glass. New softer buffer works fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts