Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im alittle confused. Last year the marlin sight said both the 17v and 17vs wieghed 7 pounds. Now it says the 917v wieghs 6 and the vs wieghs seven. Can someone shed some light on this. I want to know actual wieght of the v cause thats what im lookin to buy. An extra pound means alot when you go all day in southern swamps after squill and rabbut

·
Super Moderator
5,565 Posts
Both weigh seven pounds. They are identical save that the V is blued, the VS is stainless. Since these are the only 17 bolts that Marlin offers, you really don't have a choice except as regards rust resistance. If you travel long distances with hard walking in swamps I'd say you need to invest in a sling. Then weight doesn't matter quite as much as if you carry it in your hands all day. Since the Marlins already have swivel studs, that's a no brainer.

If I was a southern swamp hunter and money was not a problem I'd get the stainless, unless you take really good care of the rifle and wipe the sweat off the gun every night. Those swamps can be a bugger to hunt when the humidity is high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts