Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some recent health problems have kept me local but tonight I felt good enough for a soothing gun shop run. First one I hit had this sweet little Marlin youth rifle, a 915Y, in great shape with only a few little stock dings and minor bluing wear on the bolt knob. It's missing the rear sight but I have extra's on hand. Even came with the original box, tagged at $99 (and no sales taxes here) I just had to take it home. I'm a rimfire whore, especially oddball stuff or youth/boys rifles, and when it's a Marlin that's even better! I have 4 grandkids and over the past few years I managed to get four of the 15Y's, one for each. Now here is another.... maybe a spare or possibly for a yet to arrive future owner?

Anyway, was wondering about the markings on the box and the stock medallion. Anyone seen these before? Box label has a used gun sticker from LL Bean and big red letters "USED GUN" on it. Wondering if that was maybe done by LL Bean or did Marlin ever sell used/reconditioned guns with the box stamped as such?
I going to assume BSA means Boy Scouts of America, which now no longer exists.
Comments?

Rifle Gun Air gun Shotgun Musical instrument
Cosmetics Material property Font Eye liner Lip gloss
Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger
Material property Metal

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Great find, congratulations!

You did well.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.