Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and gals
Recently purchased 89 marlin with broken extractor,any and all help to rebuild, purchase or steal an extractor....... well not steal, I hate thief's.
Any way I need an extractor to make my new toy function properly

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
The model 89 was the same gun as the model 88, except for the magazine clip. You should be able to get the correct parts from Numrich Gun Parts, as either the model 88 or 89.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you mm for the info.

I do have a couple more questions.

The trigger just flops around when the gun is cocked or uncocked though it does still fire.

It has what apears to be a marbles locking tang site though it does not stand 90 deg. to the barrel, is this part of the tang site adjustable.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Cancell what I said, as I overlooked the caliber and thought you had an 89. There's a big difference between a model 89 and a model 1889, which it appears you have.
Depending on what parts you need, you can find some parts at Wisners Gun Parts on the internet. The trigger is supposed to "flop around" as it is not directly connected to the sear on the 1889 model.
http://www.wisnersinc.com/
The Marbles tang sight can be adjusted at the pivot point, by turning the little two sided nut. One side, (the head of the nut) can be turned either way to set it straight up. If you turn the retaining nut side, it will loosen and come off, don't do that side!
What parts are you looking for on the 1889? I have some old Marlin parts, depending on what it is.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a spare, but I know that Wisners has them in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts