Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a carrier rocker spring on an 89'? I can't seem to find any info on it. I could sure use one. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Yes, just like the 1893, 94, 95, etc. all the side eject centerfires used a small flat spring in the rocker to return to normal position. The rear firing pin spring, the ejector spring, the extractor spring, and the rocker spring, are all made from similar materials, and have similar thickness springs.
I think Marlin used the same spring stock and bent and shaped them for each application.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou Marlinman for the information. I appreciate the help. I have one more question that maybe you could help me with. Where would the back of the spring be fastened? Would it be slid in the frame along with the rear of the carrier, and fastened in place using the carrier bolt? Of course, then there would have to be a hole in the spring, and the carrier would have to be stoned or filed to allow the spring material to slide by. I imagine I'm totally wrong with that idea. It's all greek to me, but I'm more than happy to learn. So, if you can possibly help me, or at least point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thankyou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts