Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good deer load for the 7 mag now I'm looking to develop an elk load. I have reloader 22 but I wanted to try reloader 25 for the heavier bullets. I am probably going to use the 162 grn hornady interlock and get some 175 grn if I ever hunt in bad bear country. Has anyone tried the 162 grn interlock on top of reloader 25 powder?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Re: 7mm Rem mag Reloaded 25?

A couple of years ago I fell into a deal on a 5lb can/jug of RL25. I have been using it for the 7mm mag, 257 Weatherby mag and 25-06 with good results. I have not loaded any 175 grain bullets yet or 162 grain IL 7mm bullets with it yet. I have been working up loads for the 7mm mag revolving around the 160 Nosler AB and Partition both with RL25. The rifle, a Ruger 77 SS loves those partitions but I've had no luck with the AB's yet ::), not sure why. I figuered they would shoot better than the partitions... Anyway, 70 grains is safe in my rifle and produces slightly more than 3000 fps with either of the 160 grain Nosler bullets. RL25 is a very slow burning powder so it does not react well to reduced loads and can be very dangerous if so loaded, please reference your manuals for starting loads and as always work up slowly.

I think you are on the right track for either the 175 or 162 grain bullet and RL25...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts