Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a 76' Glenfield model 60 because it was not ejecting properly and I'm trying to fix it. I have already replaced the feed throat and the extractor and the lifter spring but it still jams after each shot. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
load the tube with a few rounds then cycle the action until all rounds have gone through and inspect he bullets. ideally, they should look just about as good as they did when you loaded them. if you see scoring, then something is holding them up. if you experience a jam, that will rule out the buffer. i'm guessing it's either the recoil spring or guide rod.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Leeth, the most important thing is to make sure that you have the ejector spring adjusted properly. If it's too low or too far to the left, then you'll get stovepipes and failures to eject. If it's too high, or too far to the right, then it will cause the bolt to be sluggish, and you could have failures to eject, failures to load, and failures to insert the round fully into the chamber. There is a sweet spot, and you have to find it for each gun. You want that wire to be right up in the inside corner of the bolt as it slides back, but you don't want it pressing hard there, or you'll get that drag that I mentioned. A good starting point is the Nickle in and Nickle up method described in the sticky post.

If that doesn't fix it, there are several other things that could be doing it, but they are less likely, so I won't go into them unless you need it. Post up and let us know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts