Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found out that my papoose will only go about 500 rounds before a required cleaning. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining. Pretty impressed. I use mostly federal ammo with a sprinkling of winchester. Crud builds up under the extractor hooks causing ejection problems.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I love my Papoose. The only problem I have had is the scope mounts walking back a bit. I keep an eye on them, tightening a bit once in a while. It has been flawless otherwise.
FM

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Truth be told the Marlin 70 series are just not equal to 10-22's in terms of reliability especially if not kept clean. Ruger does not make anything as cool as a pappose though. Have you tried cci minimags?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
gonzo said:
Truth be told the Marlin 70 series are just not equal to 10-22's in terms of reliability especially if not kept clean. Ruger does not make anything as cool as a pappose though. Have you tried cci minimags?

Marlins are like AR's...precise & well-built. Clean 'em regular, they'll put all your shots in the X.

Ruger's are like AK's...tough, but only good for plinkin until you throw $500-$1K at 'em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts