Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there come up with a really good load for the 7.5 swiss ? I have a good k-31 rifle I would like to start reloading for. I would like to have a good accurate load for hunting purposes. the biggest game in these parts are whitetail and the occasional blackbear and wild hogs.
I will be hunting all three so any help with bullet type and weight would also be appreciated. Most shots would be between 50 to 200 yards.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,799 Posts
4064, H-414, and any 160+ gr. bullet will give you the accuracy you want. I shoot cast out of my K31 but have loaded the 175gr. match king. One thing you need to realize is that the K31's have extremely short throats, so you'll have to seat your bullets super deep. Even a bullet with a secant ogive will have to be seated exceptionally deeper, so please keep that in mind when playing with your powder charges. You might could try a VLD.

It's not the easiest of calibers to load for but it is the easiest caliber to get extremely good accuracy out of without being fickle about stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I will try that recipe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts