Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got eleven boxes of Hornady 7mm 139 grain flat points today . That will give me about 1500 of these , that should last me 10-15 years.
Also think I have six boxes of Nosler 7mm 120 grain flat points. That will give me about 700 of those. That should also be a decent supply.
Also Speer still makes a 130 grain flat point and I have about 600 of those. Think I might lay in 4 or 5 hundred more just to be safe . Never know when they will quit making a bullet .
All these bullets plus my Saeco 7mm FN mold and I should be able to keep a 7-30 Waters lever shooting for quiet a few years :wink:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Have you got your 7-30 yet? I think you're going to do all right. Can you kill that many deer? :wink:

Those Hornady 139s are underrated IMO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hobie said:
Have you got your 7-30 yet? I think you're going to do all right. Can you kill that many deer? :wink:

Those Hornady 139s are underrated IMO.

Thought I had a Glenfield 36G fairly cheap , but the price has gone up more then I think its worth .
As far as the deer are concerned , you never know :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hobie said:
Have you got your 7-30 yet?

Got the Glenfield 36G so I guesse the 7-30 Waters will happen in the next month or two. My plans are to have McGowen rebarrel and blue. Bring it home and work up loads . If it does well , get a 90% stock from Treebone and have Shum8 in Roanoke fit , finish and checker. If all that works out I will put a VX3 3.5-10 on top :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now with all that said , if I can get it to shoot and get the trigger around 2.5-2.75 lbs I will be happy :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got the 6 boxes of 120 grain Noslers that I mentioned earlier. But the good news is I picked up 12 more boxes from the same person. That works out to 900 Nosler bullets :wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Your nuttier than I am. I thought I was the only 7-30 Waters looney. I have 8 boxes (100 count) of the Nosler 120 BTFP and 5 boxes of the Hornady 139 FP. Only one box of the Speer 130 FP. Try AA 4064. I have achieved superior accuracy with this powder for all bullet weights. Max load of 38 grains under 120 Noslers and Max of 36 grains under Hornady 139 FP. I can shoot 1.5 inch groups with the 120 Noslers at 100 yards. By the way the 120 Noslers will work out to 300 yards. Dropped a doe at 280 yards. Found the bullet just under the skin on the opposite shoulder.

Good luck with the Waters. I have really enjoyed mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
7-30 Waters said:
Your nuttier than I am. I thought I was the only 7-30 Waters looney. I have 8 boxes (100 count) of the Nosler 120 BTFP and 5 boxes of the Hornady 139 FP. Only one box of the Speer 130 FP. Try AA 4064. I have achieved superior accuracy with this powder for all bullet weights. Max load of 38 grains under 120 Noslers and Max of 36 grains under Hornady 139 FP. I can shoot 1.5 inch groups with the 120 Noslers at 100 yards. By the way the 120 Noslers will work out to 300 yards. Dropped a doe at 280 yards. Found the bullet just under the skin on the opposite shoulder.

Good luck with the Waters. I have really enjoyed mine.

When I loaded it in a Contender I used W748 and H414 the most. But I shot a Nosler 120BT withe the 748 and Nosler 140BT with the H414.

As far as being nuts about buying all those bullets , as long as I have them I will not need them . And since they are not making anymore I got what I could when I could . :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts