Marlin Firearms Forum banner

7-08 Rem BDL in 700 Rem.

806 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ret_Eng 
#1 ·
I have a pristine 7-08 in 700 Rem BDL. I shoot it and deer hunt with it but it is the hardest rifle I have ever owned to find out any info on. There is hardly any info on the 7-08 Rem 700 BDL. I think the rifle was made in 1979 and I am not to sure that there was all that many of them made because you just don't see them for sale . My theory is that the 7-08 700BDL was introduced about the time the CDL started being produced and the BDL line was dropped in favor of the CDL. I was at the range the other day and a guy in his 30ties waled behind and I acknowledged him and he glanced at the 700 7-08 and replied Old School huh. LOL

#2 · (Edited)
BDL was still in production until the last of Remington, and I suspect that it will be again when production re-starts.

I have a couple of CDL's and they were being produced at the same time as the BDL's.

At one time the 7-08 BDL was a very favored combination! The 7-08 was also chambered in the 700 Varmint Special with the bull barrel - and it was very popular with silhouette shooters. Quite an accurate rifle.

I think your 7-08 BDL would be a superb "all around" bolt action rifle. Likely capable of fine accuracy and plenty of punch for most North American game. I think you've got one heck of a rifle! :)

Regards, Guy

#5 ·
Your 1979 date sounds about right. I have a 7mm-08 Rem Mod 788 that was made in 1981. Its a very fine carbine with a 18.5 inch barrel with a slightly wider stock than used on my 1975 Rem Mod 788 in 308 Win. Seems that the late 1970s/early 1980s were when Remington was pushing the 7mm-08 hard.

Reactions: M700
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.