Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been skunked the first 5 times but I believe my hogs are waiting. Heading up to Coracana, TX for a Friday night thru Saturday night hunt. Two days ago I happened on a YouTube video of a guy trying his Nomad Hog Caller that is battery & remote operated. In his review he labeled it the "Hog Death Trap". I went hog wild and it was delivered today. If those hogs are anywhere near by I don't see how this little inexpensive caller won't lure them in. What can I say except I'm desperate to get my 1st hog. I'll be taking the 1895GBL with the Elusive Technologies Green Kill Light mounted on the scope. Hope to have pics to share. If it weren't for many of you that have guided me with my first 45-70 I wouldn't have made it this far. Thanks again! I'm using 36.5 grains of IMR 4198 + Lasercast 405gr hard cast flat nose. Back up pistol is Glock G20 (10mm) loaded with 10.5gr Blue Dot + 180gr hard cast flat nose. All prayers are welcomed. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Best of luck. Please take plenty of pictures and post them. Thanks in advance. Have a safe trip.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Reactions: Magnum6

·
Registered
653 Posts
When that hog meets your 405 laser cast at 1500 fps it WILL BE DRT, that is what my crony shows for that load out of my guide gun. Good luck and be safe and shoot straight. :tee:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Best of luck! :tee:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
best of luck wacking that big pig kwesi! get thyself some BACON!:biggrin::tee:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hawg Hunt Update: The curse has been broken in that I finally had one in my sights and dropped the hammer BUT I missed :-(.  I believe I just learned a valuable lesson but I need to hear from the experienced hunters.  Prior to the hunt I sighted my 1895G: 50 yards we were 2" high and @ 100 we were 1" low using Lasercast 405 grainers.  I was sitting up 15 - 18' in the blind. I estimated the hog was 75-100 yards ( it ended up 135 yards ).  I did not consider the additional drop from on high and for the extra distance.  Can you school me on what ya'll think happened?  <br><br>The Nomad Hog Caller performed as described.  I was using it prior to seeing the hog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.