Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a '69 Mountie for sale not too far from me. Owner says "really nice shape", has a Williams peep & sling swivels. The walnut on the buttstock looks to be nicely figured.

He's asking $450 OBO... does $450 sound about right for a '69 Mountie?

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
If the williams sites go with it and he has the origional buckhorns yes .. some go higher some little lower.. bare rifles.

·
Premium Member
10,963 Posts
$450.00?.................Bargain.........With remington at the wheel............

Tom

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I watch the auction sites all the time and that seems like a good price if the rifle is in good condition, especially if it comes with the peep and the original rear site like Gunjunkie said. The wood looks pretty darn nice too.

-Bob George

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Did you get it? :)

That is a fair price and it looks like it is good shape..jump on it

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I don't know what part of the country you live, but in my neck of the woods that is a great price for a 39 in really nice condition.I have seen used 39's in gun shops around here that are in poor shape (missing parts,cracks and dings in wood,rust and pitting on metal,etc.)with asking prices in that rang.If it were me I would jump on it before someone else does. JD

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well... I hesitated, and am second in line if the first buyer backs out. It's been SPF for a couple days & the owner emailed today that buyer #1 hasn't closed the deal yet.

Thanks for all your input guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts