Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Moved to Auction PM for link if interested

'61 336 SC 30-30 Beautiful wood

I'm a sucker for pretty wood and this one sure has some. I'm sure it's been refinished because it's too glossy for an original but whether you leave it like it is or strip and re-oil it's nice either way. Metal has some minor freckling and a couple small spots on left side of receiver that may be blood stains. Has ( U ) s/n so that dates it as 1961.
Looking for $500 plus shipping on this one. First I'll take it is the new owner.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts

I assume the gun didn't come with a Users Manual because they have it stencilled on the barrel.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I assume the gun didn't come with a Users Manual because they have it stencilled on the barrel.
Well I must be missing something pricedo because I don't see anything on the barrel that could be construed as a Users Manual :hmmmm: About every Marlin I've seen had the info in the pic you included
stamped on the barrrel.

·
Super Moderator
25,166 Posts
I guess he must not own any older Marlins--my 1940s and 1950s models have the same basic stamping on the barrel. :biggrin:

·
Banned
2,146 Posts
Looks like standard Marlin info to me...I don't get it either pricedo. Mr fixit
I think he's referring to the billboard that some manufacturer's stamp on their barrels. Ruger use to be famous for reprinting every government warning on its barrels. Got complaints and modified barrel roll stamping.

·
Super Moderator
25,166 Posts
These older Marlins do not have the warning statement found on later rifles. There is no "manual" printed on the older SC, RC, or A models--mine sure don't have 'em.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Bump for a beautiful rifle!!!

·
Banned
97 Posts
"that may be blood stains"

Free bump for that statement.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts