Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to do some shooting with my Model 60 DLX tomorrow. When I shot it last, which was the first since purchase, I could not dial in the scope accurately. I was shooting at what I paced off to be 25 yards. Using 1/4 marks on the target, I could not get the crosshairs to move 1/4 with every 4 clicks of the scope. I'll do some more testing tomorrow. It is possible the scope mounts are too tight causing the scope to not adjust properly? I don't know the internals of a scope but that is my first thought.

·
Registered
462 Posts
When they say 1/4" on the adjustments, they mean at 100 yards.

Moving the scope at 25 yards will have 1/4 of the effect that it will have at 100 yards.

So, if your scope is off by one inch at 25 yards, multiply by four to get the correct scope adjustment and dial four inches in the direction you want the bullet hole to move. Four "Clicks" to the inch, times four inches, will be 16 "clicks".

Two inches at 25 yards will be an eight inch adjustment and 32 "Clicks".

For 50 yards, the movement will be half of what it is at 100 yards, so multiply by two.

If turning the adjusters doesn't move the bullet hole, something's wrong.

Is this a brand new scope, or a proven unit you have used before?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New scope. I'll try to get a longer distance sighted in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
When they say 1/4" on the adjustments, they mean at 100 yards.

Moving the scope at 25 yards will have 1/4 of the effect that it will have at 100 yards.

So, if your scope is off by one inch at 25 yards, multiply by four to get the correct scope adjustment and dial four inches in the direction you want the bullet hole to move. Four "Clicks" to the inch, times four inches, will be 16 "clicks"...
Yep. The standard assumption is that you are sighting in at 100 yards. It takes 4 times as many clicks at 25 yards as it does at 100 yards. It takes 4 clicks to move the strike 1/4" at 25 yards if they say 1/4" click adjustments. Or if they say that the adjustments are 1/4 MOA.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Be sure to check the screws on your scope mounts several times. I had a problem with scope rings loosening up on a rifle after a few rounds. I have new scope rings on order for all 3 of my rifles. The rings you get with a rimfire scope are cheap junk.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Hopefully it's not your scope. I have been less than impressed with the Nikon ProStaff line of scopes. I sold my 3-9X40 because I did not like the adjustments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts