Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 60DLX a few months ago and totally love it. I put a Simmons 3-9X32 22Mag scope on it and at 50yds can shoot dime size groups probably better with premium ammo. I was out in the field on the last weekend of Doe season and decided to take some rabbits in the evening. I took the scope off and resorted to the iron sights. I could not hit a thing. The next day I had set up a soda can out about 25yds and could not hit it, so I went to a bigger target, a 5gal bucket. I found that my shots were hitting about 4" right of aim. Now I know how to adjust the rear sight but I dont think that the rear sight should be flush to the barrel on the right and hanging over on the left. Should I leave it alone or send it back?

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Can you drift the front sight, as well? 4" isn't that much off, a little drifting of both the front & rear sights should take care of it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hawlg, yes, I sure can try to even them out a little.

1895Gunner, heres what it looks like without the scope. I do believe there are a few still avalable at our local Academy stores, $199.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm, I wish I could find one. There is $200 just burning a hole in my pocket.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Picked mine up through Gallery of Guns. Requested an email when some came in. This was three months ago when they had 24 shipped in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts