Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. Just got a 1995 Marlin 25N for my son. I’m looking for a 60 with 18 round tube and lsho. Been told this is 1985 - late 80’s. Anyone know the specific years (and serial # range) for models with both features? Thank you!

·
Registered
28,688 Posts
Look for a 1980 on down model 60, I prefer the Marlin/Glenfield for the pesky squirrel on stock.

Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I call those the Holy Grail of the model 60's Most people don't even know about them. They had the best features in one package. New style with new feed throat and wire/spring ejector, long barrel and magazine and the LSHO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree Waffletop, found one in a pawnshop a year or so ago and got a great deal on it. I could feel the grit as I manipulated the charging handle. So after careful inspection (noting all the crud in the upper receiver area), I purchased the rifle and got out of there as quickly as possible. After a good cleaning and a new buffer from Numrich, she functions like new! In my opinion, it's the best $ I've spent on a rifle...many hours of enjoyment at the range with my family.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I found one also recently and paid too much for it but wanted the 18 rd long barrel. Shoots really well but what does LSHO mean?

thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Last shot hold open.

·
Super Moderator
15,213 Posts
I do like the LSHO on my 1994. SO far the 15rd tube hasn't been a issue, I've only been attacked by 10 zombie squirrels at a time.
This is the kind of squirrel you need 18 rounds for...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Look for a 1980 on down model 60, I prefer the Marlin/Glenfield for the pesky squirrel on stock.
1980 is too old to have LSHO. I had an '83 model 75 (same thing but short barreled) without LSHO.

I agree Waffletop, found one in a pawnshop a year or so ago and got a great deal on it. I could feel the grit as I manipulated the charging handle. So after careful inspection (noting all the crud in the upper receiver area), I purchased the rifle and got out of there as quickly as possible. After a good cleaning and a new buffer from Numrich, she functions like new! In my opinion, it's the best $ I've spent on a rifle...many hours of enjoyment at the range with my family.
Mine was VERY gummed up and even had a coating of yacht on the outside. Good thing because it cleaned up to look like new. I paid $100 for it about three years ago, no tax.

I do like the LSHO on my 1994. SO far the 15rd tube hasn't been a issue, I've only been attacked by 10 zombie squirrels at a time.
It's not just the short tube the newer ones have, it's the short barrel. My 123456XX S/N gun is much quieter than a newer one.

Reactions: F150Grrl
1 - 12 of 12 Posts