Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to move out of CA, have some things to get jettison to lighten the load. First I will take it followed by PM can have it, but I will not under any circumstances ship it, you will have to pick it up. I live about a mile from downtown Monterey CA. As it is CA I am giving this away as "reloading components." Those of us who live in CA will understand. To those of you living in free states, I will be joining you shortly.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
if i didn't handload with the price of ammo, driving from SC to CA might would be a deal nowadays if it is free! LOL and congratulations on leaving and breathing free air,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are moving to the Anderson SC area in a few months, but I have to lighten the load!

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I have a 8x57 JS Brno made Mauser that shoots 175 grain Sierra Pro Hunters reloads pushed by
Varget into less than an inch groups. If I was closer I would jump at the chance to take them off you hands.

That is a very generous of you to offer to them to the members on this web site.

I lived in Pacific Grove in the Monterey area in 1970 -1972 time frame while attending the Navy Post Graduate School at Monterey. I went into a Navy Pilot taring program that at that time only required 2 years of college (Navy Aviation Cadet (NAVCAD) Program). The Navy felt I needed a degree so sent me there to get either a BA or BS degree. Loved the area, so never settled there after I left the service, it is too expense for my blood. Besides California can't compare with Oregon for hunting and fishing!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was born in the central valley of CA, grew up in northern CA, Redding was the nearest town, and have been living in the Monterey area for the past 36 years. 60 years here in CA. I am looking forward to traveling and seeing the country now that I have retired from both my occupations. I spent over twenty years pushing a patrol car around the streets of PG in the middle of the night. Had a physical therapy clinic here in Monterey for 36 years. Spent a lot of years sleep deprived! Now looking forward to traveling with a 5th wheel, and calling South Carolina home. Hoping some one from the site can use the ammo, I no longer have a firearm in either caliber.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just putting a post in to bring this back up towards the top. In the next several weeks I will be making another trip up north of Sacramento, Marysville area. If no one has picked it up here I could take it with me that direction if a member in the area would like these.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
OP,
I own a vacation place just south of Anderson SC. You will like the area, if you are a hunter and fisherman.
If you do move that 8mm Mauser ammo with you, let me know and I will meet you sometime this year.
Andrew

Reactions: pacificpt

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Very generous of you.

All the best on your move.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alawrence,

About a year ago we spent some time scouting a few locations in both North and South Carolina, and Georgia. Liked the areas around Anderson quite a bit. After 60 years in CA I realized I could retire 9 years earlier by moving out of the peoples republick of CA. The only fishing around Monterey CA is ocean, which I do not enjoy nearly as much. And hunting is basically not doable. Very much looking forward to the change of pace and mindset. I am hoping someone in the area can use the ammo. I had several acquaintances who had 8mm Mausers, all have moved out of state also... If I end up with the ammo when I get to SC I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
PAC,
That sounds great. It will be about three years before I make SC my permanent home state.
I get out of Wisconsin several times a year, for some relaxing time near Iva, SC.
If you ever want to meet up when I am down that way, I will be happy to take you out fishing.
Andrew

Reactions: pacificpt
1 - 11 of 11 Posts