Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys about a month ago i was having a problem with my model 60 not feeding right and posted about it on here and was told that the most probable cause was a worn out feed throat. well i went ahead and bought one but i am having a hell of a time trying to get that whole assembly back together. the hammer spring has too much tension in it to put the two plates on each side back together and leme tell ya i worked on it last night till my fingers started bleedin almost, and the whole thing sure as hell didnt go on without a little bit of cursing. any ideas or experiences to put this thing back together? i wanna shoot! thanks

smalbor

· Registered
25 Posts
If memory serves, there is a small hole in the back of the hammer strut. Put the spring on the strut, compress the spring, place the flat spring keeper on the back of the spring and push forward untill you can get one end of a paperclip thru the hole to hold it. The cut-out on the spring keeper needs to be on the left side to allow the sear/disconnector to work. Then it's a matter of holding the sear forward while you install the hammer/spriing combo and start replaceing the action side at the front slowly and move to the rear making sure the pin holes are lined up as you go. Be sure the new feed ramp fits your bolt properly and that you ejector/lifter spring is in the proper place before final installation or you will have to repeat the entire process.

www.martincustom.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.