Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new build together ;D
Bison armory 16" barrel with intermediate gas tube.
Magpul handguards
Yankee Hill upper, gas block, and bolt carrier
Stag bolt
Cavalry Arms lower with Bushmaster internals
H2 buffer and standard spring

I can not wait to hit the range

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is nice!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Very nice indeed! I'm curious what you'll think of the Magpul handguards, they look like fantastic happy medium to the railed forends vs standard handguards.

What kind of A2 stock is that with the sling cut in it? I've never seen that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charlie98
I bought the MOE Magpul handguards because they were designed so you could add the rails you wanted to them without having a full length rail. I really like them because they feel great and fit tight on the rifle and I have rails only were I want them, right now just for a light and a bipod/fore grip. The stock/lower receiver is one piece polymer assembly made by Cavalry Arms. I like this lower because it fits tight to the upper and weighs less than a standard stock/receiver assembly.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Those MOE handguards do feel really nice. It's a shame they don't make 'em in rifle-length, else I'd have a pair on my AR.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Miatix
I think Magpul has rifle length MOE handguards out.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Wooo! Thanks for the heads up, Mushernut, looks like you are right, just released ;D

Next paycheck...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
mushernut said:
Finally got my new build together ;D
Bison armory 16" barrel with intermediate gas tube.
Magpul handguards
Yankee Hill upper, gas block, and bolt carrier
Stag bolt
Cavalry Arms lower with Bushmaster internals
H2 buffer and standard spring
Medium or heavy barrel? Definitely not one of those light weight, wimpy little M4 barrels. Then the good caliber, and even intermediate length gas, then you top it all off with MOE stocks.

I don't know whether to be envious or impressed, but I like what yer doin'. Let us know how she shoots.

(FWIW, I think I want to go with a DPMS Oracle upper with MOE; it looks like a lot of bang for the buck, and I HATE my M4 contour barrel as it heats up and starts to open groups up. Give me a few more ounces of barrel; I can take the flashlight off!!)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mommick
The barrel is Bison's recon barrel wich is consistent Dia from gas block up so they are thicker than the M4 barrel but I would not call it a "heavy" barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts