Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to determine why the difference stocks on some 57M's
I have researchedthe web...did not find anything why some had gold triggers as well as different stocks.
I know that some receivers were made out of aluminum then back to steel and early ones no s/ns
But no reference to triggers or stocks

Any help on this would be appreciated...

Well after i posted this...and got my head out .... i did find a read on this....

The tapered stock was the last change made however the gold trigger, i read was used throughout production ????

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Just to add to the confusion ::)

My pre-serial number Marlin 57M has a blued trigger.In fact,of my five levermatics (all pre-SN) only the 57 22LR with aluminum receiver has a gold trigger.

57 22LR bottom in picture.
57M 22mag second from top

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
You need to look in Brophy's book. Look on pages 297 & 298. There were 3 variations of the 57M. There are differences in the receivers, the triggers, and the stocks. The one you have pictured is the 2nd variation. I have the 3rd variation with the slimmer fore-end and the blue trigger. The gold triggers were NOT used throughout production.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M P thats just not right! you have way to many57s
No wonder i am having a time finding one...

mudpuppy said:
Just to add to the confusion ::)

My pre-serial number Marlin 57M has a blued trigger.In fact,of my five levermatics (all pre-SN) only the 57 22LR with aluminum receiver has a gold trigger.

57 22LR bottom in picture.
57M 22mag second from top

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Two of those pictured are model 62's,(a 256WM and a 30car.) the other is a model 56 22LR.

But you'r right,I have too many and I love to gloat over them whenever the subject comes up ;D

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
CaliCoastie said:
just to make things more interesting, i have a 57m sold under western auto relevlatian model 116, pre serial number, silver trigger, and the forearm is different than yours.
Coastie,
Not to draw away from the original post.But I'd love to see a picture of that bugger.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
thanks, dont know that its the origional, but it fits like it. and i dont know that there would have been many after market stocks for that model. and i got that one for a song and a dance, at least compaired to what the price on gunborker is these days.
just for reference whats the year on yours?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts