Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Post Here,Realy Injoy The Site.I Have A Chanch To Buy A 57M,It's Kind Of A Beter,Refinished Stock Bluing Is Fair But The Man Says It's A Great Shooter.What Should I Pay For A Gun Like This?And Any Input On The Model Would Be Great. Thanks,Doug

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I just sold a really minty one on auction for $485. I'd guess one in the shape you described would get a couple hundred less.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
If you can get it for $250.or less I'd pick it up if I were you.They'r a bitt bulky for a rimfire but the short-throw"Levermatic" action makes repid fire a whiz.Mine is more accurate than my 1894M whitch will compare favorabley to most bolt action 22mags.
MP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Got It Bought This Morning For 225.00,Took It Out And Shot It Seems To Like CCI Rounds Better Than Federal,Needs Some Fine Tuning But A Real Nice Little Shooter.Hard To Beat That Short Little Throw.I Think I Like It Pretty Good. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought mine a year ago at a gun show for myself as a birthday present to myself. I think I paid like $250 for the rifle. I had never seen one and really wanted to see how it shot. The gun had never been refinished and is in pretty good shape....about 90%. Even though I like the rifle, it doesn't shoot very well, but I have only shot Winchester, Remington and Federal ammo. I still think it is a neat lever action and far ahead of its time when you consider it was made in the 1950s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts