Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Green Grass Grassland Grass family Plant
WAS JUST TO MUCH FUN :)A friend got a job armor coating 1/2" thick body plates and did a test shoot on this one.He had some 7.62 AP (armor piercing bullets) and shot the plate... the 3 shots bent the plate just over 1/8th inch and the bullet impact crater was about another 3/16"...he did that before he coated the plate with Armor coating... I think the steel is AR 7 plate ?I was at his shop... and asked if it needed a few more bullets in the test. he was happy for me to shoot it and I was glad to have the opportunity .Mine is a 500gr hard cast bye LAZER CAST. It will shoot through 21 milk jugs of water and that is 10'4 inches. @ 1325 fps(know my bullets didn't tumble... they were near perfect right angle when they hit the plate...my 1st shot was upper left... the plate was setting on a 1/4-ed chunk of wood and the back was a 1/2 round (just balanced so it would move with little resistance)the 2nd shot was lower left and it was against a solid background.the elongated cuts are about 1/2" long... and the lead caught by the armor coating was mostly the size of gun powder flakes.... dent in the plate was noting... but the patternthe bullet left was a great starburst (but I didn't have the camera when the friend cut the coating off.

·
Super Moderator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Super Moderator
19,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these are the 500 gr.

Black

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.