Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gonna be a close call perhaps but I think at least one of these is a 50 yard BDT max. But then, I'm not sure if an Anschutz M64 MP-R qualifies either. I emailed the coach and am waiting for his decision on targets and rifle qualification.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Thats nice shooting either way.. ... minute of squirrel head.. :lol:

Yep, I do know the rifle you used is not squirrel rifle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luisyamaha said:
Didn't know Anschutz made shotguns. :lol:
Ummmmm.... well, for some groups ya "got it" and for others ....... <sigh> ................ :shock: :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bikenut,

Is this the M64 Annie you were talking about buying instead of a CZ Varmint on RFC about a month ago?? :?:

If so, how do you like it? :)

What were the wind conditions when you were shooting those groups and what kind of ammo were you using??

It looks to me that the middle and right groups circled made it.Not sure about the one on the left.. :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim62........

Wind conditions were perfect, none at all in the early morning. I used Wolf Match Target ammo.

Yep, this is the Anny I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy vs the CZ on RFC. Nothing against the CZ but I surely do loooove this Anschutz!

Coach John gave the thumbs up to at least one of those groups, but didn't say which, so I did manage to max it. The BDT is one difficult target at 50 yds!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bikenut

Congratulations on your Max at 50 yards. Super shooting!!! The next one will be easier. I posted a copy of the lastest "White Feather" list in the thread "What is your favorite .22 rimfire etc..." by shootrj2003. You should be number (10) at 50 yards.

DG :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Which one of those groups qualified for the BDT? In my day, a .22 scoring plug was used to determine if a round touched the next scoring ring. I wouldn't need the plug to know that all of the circled groups cut the black. Not that it isn't great shooting, but isn't the BDT supposed to have all the rounds in the white with no cutting of the black? Or did I get that one wrong? Curious.~Andrew

·
Registered
201 Posts
Andrew

"The Coach" John Simeone approved one of them, but I don't know which one as quoted by Bikenut on a different thread. If I were to guess, I would think it is probably the middle one.

Just my .02 cents

DG

Andrew said:
Which one of those groups qualified for the BDT? In my day, a .22 scoring plug was used to determine if a round touched the next scoring ring. I wouldn't need the plug to know that all of the circled groups cut the black. Not that it isn't great shooting, but isn't the BDT supposed to have all the rounds in the white with no cutting of the black? Or did I get that one wrong? Curious.~Andrew

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does a "max" have to be on the BDT target or is it ok if its on the practice target?

I was shooting at the practice target for the first time last weekend at 25yds. I didn't realize how much harder it is to get tiny groups in a specific target like that. That target is really fun. Kinda good for what ails ya, except can be a little frustrating. That was some great shooting Bikenut. Congrat! I don't think I can ever do it at 50yds. Good job.

thanks, Kake

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Practice targets are fine to use also. size is same... its sure harder than it looks..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Andrew said:
I honestly don't know which one Coach John approved but I suspect it is the one on the far right. Careful appraisal of that one shows white between the bullet holes and the black. Not much white to be sure but it is there.

But again, Coach didn't tell me which one he approved.

As difficult as the BDT is at 25 yards... moving out to 50 makes even the slightest movement of the gun critical. Just the little "thump" of the heartbeat is enough to put a bullet into the black.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
From the image I see in my screen, I would think the middle one is "it".

Great shooting, bikenut.

Can I shoot my shotgun first and then print the target around the holes made? Or does that not count?

Seriously now, I had forgotten about the BDT, with shooting in Ranch Dog's postral match for centerfire leverguns and riding my new R-1. I have a Clark Custom 10/22 which I haven't fired near enough. I'll have to practice with it and see if I make it. I never did get my printer to do it the right size before. What is the diameter of the white circle and the size of the black square? I'll hand draw them if I have to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LouisYamaha???

Go here:

http://www.w4ame.com/bdt.htm

The targets are in pdf format and will print to correct size. Hope that helps ya...

Been riding a lot huh? I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't even put 500 miles on my EX250 this summer. Don't know what the deal is... just can't get any enthusiasm going. And that is from a guy who loved riding so much I rode to work every day during Michigan's winters. Even through the snow and ice. <sigh> I'm getting old I guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To everyone... thank you for the compliments! I'm not done yet though as the BDT and I have a date at the 100 yard line. I honestly have no expectation of even coming close but I want to give it an honest try.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bikenut

Congratulations on your 50YD BDT. Those of us that have tried know just how hard that is to do!

However, I do believe you've totally gone off the deep end even thinking about a 100Yd max....LOL :D :wink:.......but good luck anyway!...you're going to need it.

firstshot

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Firstshot....

Uh... I have gone over the deep end. I got bored one evening and got out my Tangfolio AirSoft pistol.... set up a BDT Maxitpractice target across my very small living room and had at it. A floor full of little plastic pellets later I got disgusted and went and got a kitchen chair to use for a "rest".... shortly thereafter I got a "max"... at 6 feet. :shock: I even sent it to Coach John just so he could get a laugh..... Of course it doesn't count for anything except a laugh but it was a fun thing to do to relieve an evening's boredom. Picking up all those plastic pellets afterward took up some of the evening too... and the next day... and the next. Darn things....................

Ummmm... this is off topic but I use the airsoft pistols to practice "clearing" my house sometimes during day or night so those darn pellets are always underfoot. The cats play with them and leave them everywhere too. I wonder how many are inside the vacuum cleaner??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gunjunkie said:
Thats nice shooting either way.. ... minute of squirrel head.. :lol:

Yep, I do know the rifle you used is not squirrel rifle.
Now that is all relative I have squirrel hunted with a 513T with a 10x Juinior Targetspot . And that thing was a little heavy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts