Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin came down yesterday to try our his new bushmaster upper and get it zeroed in and with him he brought 100 rounds of independence ammo 55 grain. He fired about 5 rounds then the next one wouldnt eject. Being a new rifle we pulled the bolt and carrier and lubed everything up wet then tried again. Next time the 3d round wouldnt eject. I stood next to him and watched through the next 20 rounds and noticed a very low report when a piece of brass wouldnt eject, some rounds just barely made it out of the ejection port. Im of the mind that this stuff is underpowered ammo as he put 20 rounds of my handloads through it and their were no hangups. Just curious if any others have had this experience with this ammo. Seems like very poor quality control.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Stay away!! I tried some late last year with dismal results.
Joe

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
My friend ran some through his Bushmaster ACR and it all cycled. I wonder if there is a bad lot (or two) floating around?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Yep, word has been circulating for some time now that they've got some undercharged lots out there. I read on one of the black rifle sites that someone dismantled some rounds and found a lot of it to be a full grain or more under minimum.

The problems date all the way back to 2010 and well through 2012 lots that I know of or have heard of, yet people are still buying the stuff for some reason. It evidently involved 5.56 and some of the 9mm pistol ammo during the run.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I've seen it on the shelves around here but I haven't bought any yet!!! Thanks everybody for your opinions on it because I was thinking about buying some but I'm sure not now I will stick with my PMC X-TAC!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I have shot it without fail.
Any ammo can have different results with a bad batch or two.
This brand is Israeli surplus or rejects.
I have seen this stuff under both the Federal Brand and Winchester Brand.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, all I know is what happened to him with this ammo and its enough to put a bad taste in my mouth. I told him he outta call them and try and send it back for credit on something else. He ever gets in a tight spot with that stuff he's got a real problem on his hands. Many thanks for all the feed back everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts