Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I decided to start reloading for the 450, the only dies I could find were from Hornady. That seemed just fine until I tried to set them up in my LEE Turret Press. They are too wide to fit in consecutive holes, so I threw one on my single stage. If I decide at some time to add another die, I'll have to throw my hand press into the process. Not what I had in mind when I bought my turret press years ago. I thought I'd see what a Hornady Turret Press would cost me, but it seems they don't make one. Then there are those 6 hole turrets from a couple other companies. Not sure what I'll end up doing.
Anyway, a FYI: the Hornady dies don't work with the Lee Classic Turret.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not sure why since both brands use standard 7/8x14 threads. Maybe the die lock rings are larger on the Hornady dies? Those are easy to swap with different rings.
Indeed, looking at the Hornady custom die set, you can see they have a very robust lockring, larger than other brands. Since the industry standard is, as said, 7x14, any other brand lockring will work. These look like they would foot the bill. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1011247740/lyman-split-lock-die-locking-ring-7-8-14-thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.