Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
450 wins 馃檪

Got two today on a small impromptu driven hunt with a small crowd.
Both were DRT 馃槣
First one I only saw the ears and tail over a bramble thicket and the 350 Hdy FP went through the brambles like butter, clean hole no tumbling, piggie went down on the spot.
Second one was clear shot no obstacles and it also just tumbled down the hill.

I did change my shooting a bit and hit them both closer to the shoulder, worked like a charm.

I think my 1895M is definitely a keeper now.

Attachments

Premium Member
overkill 450 marlin. I hate those freaking pigs. We got them all over the place. Tried to get rid of them few years ago. Few bubbies spend one week shooting them and donate them to church. A total of 68 hogs from 65lbs to 300+lbs, we worked are butts off. The following weekend show up in camp, them hogs was all over camp. Firefight began and when the smoke cleared 6 of them didn't make it to the hole in the fence. I think that was the first time the I have to reload the MP5. In morning we found one small piggy locked up in the generator room.

Registered
Good job.:rock:

Registered
I took a 350lb Boar a few years ago, and sinse I had a 450M 1895 that I bought for bear hunting a few years ago, I decided it would work well for this application. I was right, it is a real thumper. I have taken Black Bear, Hog, many whitetail and never had a dissatisfied customer yet!

Registered
Yum, congrats, what ammo? Hand load o factory? The htf 350 grain jsp is awesome stuff. I buy it when I find and reload with Speer 400 jsp.

Registered
The original Hornady ammo was the 350 grain JFP mentioned earlier and IMHO, was the best made.
I still have two full boxes that I had included for sale with my MXLR and reloading stuff. I had a couple of guys ask me to split the package and sell the ammo.
Hopefully Hornady will decide to start production again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts