Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
450 ported gg price check

A guy i know has a ported 450 gg for 600$ Is this a good deal? I like ported marlins and have a 444p wich I got for 500$

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Re: 450 ported gg price check

I bought mine on GB last month for $450. If you look there today you could probably pick one up for around $500. $600 isn't totally out of line if it is new in the box or perfect condition. A little high if showing any wear. I think you could find one much cheaper if you're willing to look around.

·
Registered
344 Posts

I bought my .450 on gun broker for $605 and it came with a leupold vx-ii 1-4x20mm and a couple boxes of ammo. 5 rounds shot through barrell and not a mark on the gun. Almost got it for $550 but someone ran the price up at the end of the auction and bailed out at $600.

This was about a year ago and the scope is almost $300 new. I think I got a pretty good deal.

If you are in no hurry, I would shop around. That's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
246 Posts

$600 is too high. i see them all the time for $400-450. if it had a nice scope maybe but otherwise no. i doubt he paid that much new.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The only reason I was interested is that it is the ported model and I havent run in to one here.I see regular 450,s alot . Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
246 Posts

saw one at a gunshop near me couple weeks ago in PA that was ported and had a rear peep. couple little marks but nothing serious. $475. it had one of those hideous, padded 70's style mod squad slings with the colored deer head on it. that would probably go in the garbage on the way out the door if i bought it. i have a 450 win 94 timber carbine or i would probably buy one. my non-hunting brother has one that he barely shoots that he paid $350 for a couple years ago that i told him i would buy or trade for if he ever wants to get rid of it. he hasn't bought ammo recently so i figure the first time he goes to get a box, i'll get a call.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts

The ported versions look cool but they are wicked loud, Im sure your 444 is too though.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts

stanhope24 said:
The ported versions look cool but they are wicked loud, Im sure your 444 is too though.
Come on now Stan, you know the ported models aren't any louder to the shooter, it's the poor S.O.B. next to you that pays the price if they don't have hearing protection on..... ;D

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts

I've never shoot it without ear muffs on and don't want to. I can tell it's loud with them on. Never fired the non ported 450 but I know my 444 and 45/70 arent as loud as the 450.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts