Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Seems a pretty good price to me. I think you will regret letting it go. A 45-70 goes for more than that.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I saw a guide gun 450 Marlin new in box last show I went to and they wanted 795.You should have bought that one it was a really good price.

·
Registered
589 Posts
should have bought that one. Price was good and I thought I read here that the MR's are harder to find.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
They were only made acouple years its one of my Holy Grail I have been looking for:eating:

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
No expert on pricing for those, but sounds pretty decent to me from what I've seen.. especially if NIB like that..?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
That was a good price! Too bad you didnt end up with it!

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I have a .450 MR I bought used and like-new probably six years ago and paid WAY more than that. If you still get, or again get, the opportunity to pick one up for that sort of price, I'd say jump on it.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that. I was under the assumption that they were made for only a few years under Remington with the "MR" I have a 308 and it has an MX designation on it and not an MR, and it has a 22" barrel.
Remington never did produce the 450.
The M designation was used on the 450s and the 308 and 338 Marlin Express rifles.The MR was a blued model of the 22" 450.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The 1895MR is all Marlin, no Remington. I think mine's an '04 or '05, I'll have to check. But lescarpentier is correct, the 1895MR is a 22" non ported 450. If memory serves RanchDog used it for his 450 testing. Sweet rifle!

Just not sure what the MR means though.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Well I think most of us know that with the Remington MR designation in front of serial numbers it's an easy mistake to to make regarding this rifle. We will burn the hell out of anyone and I mean anyone supporting the use of see thru scope mounts though. I mean come on, who are these people? Get off my planet! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I did a whole lot of studying before I bought my .450, and decided before reaching for my wallet that the only .450 I was going to buy was an MR because like Utahtrapper said, that's the Holy Grail. I paid way more for mine than the price you had them down to - I agree that you might end up being disappointed that you let it go. All that said, any .450 Marlin is a good .450 Marlin (just my opinion).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.