Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
He wants $100.00 for 175 once fired pieces, shipped. I guess that is the loving Christian like thing to do.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasnt sure about the price just trying to help if somebody needed some :'(

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just call Hornady...

they are starting a run of 6000 pieces of Marlin 450 brass which is bound for resellers.

It should be completed in Early April.

He mentioned Graf and Midway…

Sooo put some on order.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I just put a backorder at cabalas and they said they have over a hundred backorder's already and they didn't know how much brass they would be getting. Midway won't even let you backorder..

·
Premium Member
13,701 Posts
gman82001 said:
Hey guys I dont have a 450 but I know brass is hard to find here is some off of ruger forum Dont have any affiliation but it cant hurt to help a fellow "marlin owner" http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=109951
Well, I waited four hours too long to pull the trigger on this offer. He emailed me back stating they sold yesterday...... gman82001 thanks for posting anyway, i just wasn't quick enough....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ranch Dog said:
Hornady pulling 6K is a drop in the bucket! I hope they are the original length, not the shorties for the pointy bullet.

Yes you are right... in retrospect 6K is really not a lot.

But companies will make what sells, so once these sell out quickly, they will make more to fill the demand.

IMO

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
It really seems low for a run of brass, just over an hours run. 60,000 would make more sense for the time it takes to ramp up a special run in any calibre.
My thoughts only, as some of you know more than me.

·
Registered
849 Posts
6000!!! HAHAHAHA!! Are you KIDDING me?

I would buy 10% of their entire run.

I really hope they missed a zero and are doing 60k. I don't want to wait another 2+ years for them to do another run.

I just bought every box of 350 FP's that were on the shelf at my local Sportsmans Warehouse. That's 5 boxes that cost me $183 OTD.

I WANT AND NEED BRASS TO ROLL MY OWN!!!

:mad:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't have a 450 Marlin, but thought you guys might find this interesting. Today, I saw two boxes of Hornady 450 Marlin brass (50 pieces per box) priced at $27.99 at Scheel's Sporting Goods in Sioux City, Iowa. They were way at the bottom of the shelf, like they had been sitting there for a long time. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Thanks! I'm going to call them in the morning to see if they can ship it to me.

I hope it's still there.................................

·
Registered
849 Posts
simangus -
THANK YOU!!!
;D ;D ;D

100 rounds of new unprimed 450 Marlin brass being shipped to me tomorrow from the Scheels in Iowa for $56 + shipping!

WOO HOO!

·
Premium Member
13,701 Posts
Sniper, I noticed that you were the first to reply to the original poster so I stood down. Glad you were able to make contact and buy them. I had also looked up their store info and had their phone number ready to be speed dialed if you had changed your mind. Congrats.

To the OP, thanks for thinking of us......... ;D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts