Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Winchester 44 mag that was inconsistent. Could hit the broad side of the barn some days and not others. Decided I wanted a 45 colt. Passed up a like new Wincehster one day. Kept imagining if a paid that much for it and it shot like the 44. Finally decided to sell the Winchester out of frustration, I liked the gun and it was a gift and started the search for a Marlin 45 colt. After falling out of auctions because of high prices I finally found a 20" round barrel made in 1989 in great shape that nobody else did not seem to want and got it for what I wanted to pay. It is amazing how some in rough shape run up so high and then others in better shape do not. Guess it just depends on who is looking. Shot good with open sights but my eyes suck so I put a scope on it. Sighted in and it is shooting 5 shot groups around an inch at 50 yards. Pretty happy with that. So far I am glad I made the change.

My next decision is whether or not to drill for sling swivels. I have a 41 mag FG that I use for hunting but will want to use this sometimes also. No need in having a gun unless you use it. The dang thing does not even have any scratches on it right now, I know it will have some after deer hunting but I did not buy it for a safe queen. Guess I will buy the swivel studs and drill away and enjoy the gun! I usually never debate this but it is just amazing what JM Marlins are bringing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.