Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After YEARS of not being able to get it together... I FINALLY now own an 1895 CB. Myself and Boroark will be banging plates this weekend with it. (Him more than me. He has this very aggravating habit of out shooting me with my own guns.) Even if he is one of those misguided, "I really just prefer the Winchester" guys...

Picture to follow... It's late, all is well in the world.

Night!

Reactions: bbri4570

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
congrats on that rifle! You are going to love it! We definitely need some pics and a range report when you get back from shooting it!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The first one is always the most difficult. Each one after it becomes easier and easier to obtain....:biggrin:
This is a wise man, who is sharing his experience with us. I just am not big enough to admit such. Steve

Reactions: bbri4570

·
Registered
473 Posts
I will say my Marlinits has not flared up since I found my 1895CB. I by no means feel it is cured but just in remission due to a very aggressive treatment plan laid out by the Cowboy.

Congrats on the Cowboy hope you can let go of it to sleep, eat, shower and work. It took a few days for me to let go of mine. No need to feel shame if you have not set it down since bringing it home, we all were that way.

Ken CO

Reactions: cds4570

·
Registered
133 Posts
We got together at Jim Price manor, with all sorts of ordinance yesterday, among them the 1895CB.

What a nicely put together 45/70. The balance is perfect, fit and finish is very well done, this is a very nice rifle.

We only had some 500 grain loads set up so went to work. A bit "thumpy" , but she wants to shoot. We need to work on some loads for her.

After playing with his new toy and several hundred rounds of other fun play toys, we ran out of light and rounds.

Thanks to Jim and family for having my clan down to "hit the range". We need to do it again, soon.

Hopefully, I will have the .45 colt CB running with a few favorite loads so we can compare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cool! How much fun could that be!
Check the twist rate on that big boy, it's slow for light short bullets i'm sure 1:24, maybe slower?
shoot those 300 grainers fast and accurate!! Can you say express rifle?
I really want a square bolt badly... I'm and old timey guy..

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there Jim -- You'll probably find your Cowboy has a 1:20 twist. I've been using Laser-Cast 300, 350, and 405 grainers sized .459" without issues. Go here www.gmdr.com for some load data. Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind

1 - 8 of 8 Posts