Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up sbl on 1/12/11 after waiting almost a year to get, got it home to give it a good cleaning. I was so happy with getting one of the hard to get, they made it just like I wanted finally! or did they....nope! there is an additional dovetail cut under the barrel to support shorter mag tube...? the barrel is scratched , scope rail is loose, bolt/action dry as a bone. hhmmm. called marlin and they sent me a return packing slip. thats good, so why not shoot it? bad idea! gun jambed 4 times in 15 rounds ! factory ammo too. nice job marlin ! so my question to all you marlin pros is this . are these idiots going to fix this thing or what? after a week in there care they have yet to give me any info.any thought would be great......I need a hug...

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
tonyl said:
bought gun in spokane WA. good rep for dealer. had to go back because of barrel
Well being i'm in the area, which dealer? And why can't you take it back to them - For a FULL REFUND?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thats a good point. but felt marlin would be more than wiiling to make it right. probably wont see another one for who knows how long
to be frank, I sent it off before going online where I found all the nasty reports. got gun at white eleghant . have purchased many guns there and am sure they would have givin refund. marlin said they would rule out sending me new gun

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Yea – it too late now. Bummer

I’ve dealt with White Elephant for years – they would have taken it back for a full refund.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with you . but my motive was based on that they have no comformation on any other sbl's in site. so it all spilt milk now. do you think marlin has become that rotten?

·
Registered
461 Posts
One of the things that's pissing me off is that the dealers seem to be complicit in this. :mad: Why in the hell would they knowingly sell a rifle that has these issues. ??? You would think that SOMEONE in the dealer realm would have the ca-hones to stand up and give the rep an earful. Just shameful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
let you guys know how it gos. will call marlin tomorrow and get some info. Im gettin heartburn

·
Registered
593 Posts
You have a full 1 year satisfaction warranty with the gun so tell them at Marlin that you will not be satisfied with any thing less than a new gun built per specs of the SBL and until you get it, you will continue to send it back to them at their expense and then you will take them to court for breach of contract and sue for all your time and trouble along with your expenses and the cost of the gun amd legal fees. If you have a lawyer friend, have him/her to write them a letter.

·
Registered
343 Posts
There is pent-up demand for these and they know it. I imagine that the revenue from the sale of the gun goes in one bucket for quarterly reporting purposes while the repair goes in another. The importance of revenue outweighs the repair charges when reporting. As I stated in another thread, we're still seeing parts made in North Haven. What will we see when they are shipping Ilion barrels and such? Ill-fitting parts are bad enough, but how low will they go? To answer the OP it seems to be hit and miss on the repairs with maybe an improving trend. However, there is a LOT wrong with your gun - a new barrel with proper mating to the receiver at the least will be required. No idea what's causing the jamming issue - it may just need some parts honed. :p

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
There is pent-up demand for these and they know it

True, but these are not SBL's they are shipping out! ::) I read here the other day someone got one and it didn't even have the big loop lever on it! :'(

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I hope your gun gets fixed and sent back to you in a timely manner...

I'm gonna move this thread to the "rant" forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank for all the imput . Ill keep you all updated as thing proress. call tomorrow and get a repair # (they have had it for a week now and have'nt looked at it).

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
tonyl said:
thank for all the imput . Ill keep you all updated as thing proress. call tomorrow and get a repair # (they have had it for a week now and have'nt looked at it).
On a side note Tony, there's a few of us who like to shoot over at the CdA Rifle Range. When the weather changes you oughta join us one day. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts