Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the conversion from pistol to straight on a 2011 DOM 45/70 and am really pleased with how it has turned out.
IMG_0469.jpg Bottom rifle in this photo.
I had put together most of what I needed and then the hard part , taking a hacksaw to a perfectly good rifle
IMG_0741.JPG IMG_0743.JPG
A word of warning to anyone who will listen! Leave a bit of meat on the bone and shape with grinder and file. I cut a bit too close to the line, so now the under side of the tang is flat under the lever, but still not a problem.
IMG_0746.JPG IMG_0740.JPG
Polished and re- blue the tang and trial fit , cycles no worries.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a new mag tube I cut down and re-fit the tube plug. Had a gunsmith mate of mine cut the new dovetail slot and fill the old one.
IMG_0748.JPG I reused the forearm stock , but got rid of the checkering to match the buttstock.
IMG_0754.JPG IMG_0755.JPG IMG_0756.JPG

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Not yet the spin and fly true. This October I hope. I will send you pics. Nice work on your 1895. I too like the straight grip and long mag tube. I have a similar set up with 16.25 barrel.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Not yet the spin and fly true. This October I hope. I will send you pics. Nice work on your 1895. I too like the straight grip and long mag tube. I have a similar set up with 16.25 barrel.
It would look a bit funny with 6" of mag tube sticking out past the barrel. :goodnight:

GUS

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hanging on to this one, but i have a non checkered one i'd sell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts