Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hello:

Does anybody know one they'll recommend?

I have a nice Remlin 1895 on which I want to get the action smoothed.

By nice, I mean everything lines up, it shoots straight and the checkering is cut, not pressed.

It is my first real hunting rifle and I would like to get it in the same glass-smooth condition as my other firearms without having to polish it for days.

If I can find a local 'smith, it would be nice.

Barring that, to whom should I send it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
As for Wood Twocrow has a site that is coming up called longcoyote.com • She specializes in better than any other wood type stocks I have seen. A true master of wood stock. Enrollment is open. As for the action when you take her apart for cleaning the parts that connect with the lever gun in the action I would try some 800 wet sand paper and some 1200 after that. Machining is a bit rough especially on newer guns knocking of any all burrs can really help. I never paid for an action job in cowboy action an many of my friends always said my 92 was one the slickest actions they ever tried. WORDS OF CAUTION: ALWAYS GO SLOW, never be in a rush. Do it all by hand. Work a little bit and check for function remove to much and the lever could just fall. Don't ask me how I know:flute:. Lever actions are fairly easy to tune to your preferences if you can take it a part for cleaning you can essentially work your own action polishing skills. Just my .02
CD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts