Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vertebrate Mammal Antelope Hunting Deer hunting
Here is a picture of my 2017 deer hunt at Post Texas . When I arrived my feeder was not working but since I was there I decided to set on my stand for a while. In about 20 minutes this guy walked by paying no attention to anything just going to bed down. Distance was about 20 yards and he was down. Quickest deer hunt I have ever been on. For this area it is a big deer. 45-70 still doing its job... The load was a 405 gr Remington loaded over 46 gr of 3031, works for me.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Congrats! Would love to have had a hunt like that this year.

Hard to tell from your pic...how many points, and which model Marlin are you shooting?

Reactions: Chigger

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Once again the 45-70 has proved its worthiness. Nice buck by the way. 20 minutes you didn't get much time to enjoy nature and drink a cup of coffee.

Reactions: Chigger

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A twenty minute deer hunt? Awesome, I guess. I have to schedule time off from work to go. To have it all done in twenty minutes, I can't even go to the grocery store that fast. Just kidding, that is truly an awesome story.
It really takes some of the fun out of the hunt, I was very happy with the deer, but my buck tag is gone. Still I could hunt does and pigs so I didn't complain.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats on a nice buck. I had 2 leases over by Aspermount. Big shinoak country. Had all the pigs you could empty 30 round magazines at. Lonesome , but pretty country. I miss going out there. Take care.
Hey welcome to the forum from the Panhandle of Texas, glad to have you join in. We have a lot of shinnery and mesquite, some salt cedar down on the river. There is just a little bit of everything running around that place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.