Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about one of the above with a 26in barrel. The one i looked at the stock work seemed rough not smooth. The price was $569 which seemed fair. Does anyone else have this gun and see the same? Overall I liked it alot. How hard to install a tang sight or should I keep with a reciever sight? Thank you all for any and all help.

G

·
I have two . The first was bought the first year they were out fit and finish is good , but not much figure in the wood. The other was bought last year , fit and finish are good and the wood has a good amount of figure.
The first one I shot some Winchester 300 grain factory loads in to get brass , then shot nothing but cast . Which I later used to take a big 6 point buck.
The second one is still unfired and was bought to reline into 40-65 , which I've not done yet :?
I have the Lyman on the one I shoot.With the adapter that comes with the sight you can mount it without drilling extra holes. Takes all of three minutes.The tang looks more the period they are trying to make . Also give some thought to spending the extra bucks for the Marble's tang sight.
The price you stated is about what I paid for the second one .

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I have two also. Both had very good fit and finish. The first one was rebarrelled in 50 alaskan, which moved me to buy a matching second one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts