Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 45-70 Cowboy Takedown on GB 420011021 now. I am looking for a Cowboy , but am sure this will go out of my price range. In all the CBs I have looked at this is the first of the takedowns I have seen so I am guessing this is a rare model , it also has checkering which I have not seen before. I thought I would post this for the members that might be interested in such a gun.
Can anybody inform me on this gun ?

Thanks Dave

Reactions: HDStreet

·
Registered
258 Posts
That is an 1897 Cowboy - 22 cal. It's a very nice rifle but it's not a 45-70. My guess is that it sells for close to $1000.

Rob

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must have wrote the number wrong. Sorry. I know I was looking at a 45-70 CB because I have been trying to buy one for the past couple months. I ended up purchasing a new 1895CB Cabelas edition a few days ago and I deleted all of the 45-70s I had on my watch list on GB so I can't go back and check.

Reactions: KEN CO

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
There is a 45-70 Cowboy Takedown on GB 420011021 now. I am looking for a Cowboy , but am sure this will go out of my price range. In all the CBs I have looked at this is the first of the takedowns I have seen so I am guessing this is a rare model , it also has checkering which I have not seen before. I thought I would post this for the members that might be interested in such a gun.
Can anybody inform me on this gun ?

Thanks Dave
Dave- Thanks for the heads up on this 1897 Cowboy. I've been wanting one and was finally able to come through and buy this one. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Gare, Jim is right you know. I believe you've even said it yourself. Without pictures, it didn't happen or doesn't exist. Come on bud, grab a mit and get in the game here...Steve

Reactions: HDStreet

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Gee... It hertz when the tables turn! The rifle is in route to my FFL here in Denver as I type this. In fact, I checked the USPS tracking number right before I found out my buddies were picking on me. It should be delivered no later that Tuesday. I'll post pictures. I promise!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Thanks wannabe, I was going to do that, but no one would believe it! I'll get some of my own posted soon.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Ok, Fellers. Here it is. I received the 1897 a couple of days ago and waited to get back to town with it for a picture. I thought I'd nestle it up net to the 1894 CB in .44-40. Makes a nice set! I'll get some better photos later as this was with the smartphone.

Gun Rifle Firearm Air gun Shotgun

·
Registered
316 Posts
Outstanding! :congrats:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The more I look at that gun the more I like it. Need to get a new Cowboy fund going. How is she shooting ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.