Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my Cowboy. It's only been fed Unique and cast bullets since I've owned it. With the new single shot in the family, I want to devote my energies towards it. The rifle overall is in very good condition, some "experience" here and there but still a nice clean rifle. It has only been a dinger ringer, not hunted or carried in the truck. I believe with patience and perhaps other powders the gun could shoot better than it has for me. To be certain it has rang a few dingers, but not a competitive rifle. The target shown was shot at 50 yards.
It's wearing a Shaver Soule tang sight that is included. Also has a globe front on it, but I'd like to keep that. I have a post front than I will reinstall. I want $1100.00 for the rifle including the tang sight. We'll have to work out shipping if that's needed. Would consider separating tang sight and rifle. The sight is on the order of $225.00 new. The owl feather has been removed, but the sinew is still on the lever. So, my preference is sell as a package. My only demand is that it go to a good loving home. Hope I don't regret this... Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Steve, you will at some point regret it.

That said, this is a fine rifle and would make anyone looking for a very nice 1895 Cowboy happy. I personally hit an 800 yard dinger with this very rifle at the WDRA shoot last year, which led me to buying my own 1895 Cowboy shortly there after. Steve's a great guy and I highly recommend this rifle!

Brian

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you B, your kindness is only exceeded by your generosity. No doubt you are right about regrets. Already feel like I've kicked one from the nest all too early. Steve

Reactions: bbri4570

·
Administrator
28,320 Posts
Steve, have you checked your temperature lately? Maybe you should schedule a check up with your Doc... I'm just a tad concerned for you. :biggrin:

This won't last long and if I hadn't spent so darn much the past two months it would be gone with this post!

Fine looking Cowboy.

Jack

Reactions: stevewhr

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
And I think Steve must be a perfectionist :biggrin: when it comes to accuracy. Here's that rifle ringing a 500 yard dinger.

Regards,

B

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I'm hearing is crickets. Did I say something wrong? If someone wants this without the sights I can lower the price, with the tang sight it seems like a pretty fair price to me. Am I dreaming? Steve

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Nah, you're not dreaming. I had a guy respond to a WTB listing on Armslist I had posted some months ago asking $900 for the same rifle, with out that sight. The economy is tough, personally I can't afford a rifle like that. But that doesn't mean its not worth it.

Cheers!

Mike T.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Hi Steve,
No your on the mark price wise IMHO...

I'd LOVE to have that Beauty! I'm trying to figure out how to swing it for the past 2 days!? If I can get some extra work here quick, I'll be PM'ing you than saying them 3 magical words....

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, a few more pic's for you viewing enjoyment. Remember that whole just say no thing, it's overrated! Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh, and these. All fresh off the press. These last ones just to show, "We don't need no stinking fence post!" We have "our" version of Fernando. I was remiss in that I didn't wipe down the rifle before the pics, just took it from the safe and rested it upon Fernando and fired away. All the while sayin "work it baby" and so this is what you get. If you see something in the pics, it is superficial. It does have some nicks and dings, but nothing terrible. I truly baby my guns. Still, if you need a better pic of something, let me know and I'll do what I can. Do these work Rex? Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Thanks.

Reactions: hillmillenia

·
Registered
258 Posts
How much without the sights ? I am a scope guy so the stock sights would be fine. Can you ship it ?
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave, I sent you a PM. Steve

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Two different folks have asked how much without the tang sight. It would be a shame to have the rifle without the tang sight, but if that's what you want. I figure the sight is worth about $200.00. If I remember, Lee Shaver charged me $40.00 to install the sight, and then it was $225.00 for the sight. So, if you want just the rifle take $200.00 off and I'll keep the sight. It would work well on the Winchester 94 in 38-55 that I have. Steve

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would entertain trade offers. Especially like Blackhawks. 4 5/8" barrels are most interesting, and I'd be weak over a .357/9 convertible. All short barrels are desirable. Or dig up a 38-55 with 26" barrel. Steve

·
Registered
473 Posts
Darn it I sold off two Ruger Vaqueros last year, a 357 stainless birdshead and a 357 Bisley. You will miss this one at some point. I can't believe it is still on here and not sold.

Love mine just need to break it in before a trip to Cheyenne to ring the dingers.

Ken CO

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm looking forward to your presence this summer. You might consider, this Cowboy is already trained...Steve

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sometimes these sales take time. I would love to have this rifle for silhouette season this year! Price is right and it is set up perfect for the sport. Just have to figure how to come up with the cash. Hope I do before someone else buys it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.