Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
How do you like using a Red dot? Was thinking of going thst route since I'd de surprised if my shots were longer then 40 yards.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I love them as they really help my 43y/o eyes. I focus on the target rather the front post, and shoot both eyes open. In hunting situations where the lighting is rarely ideal, a lit reticle is supreme imo whether it be a RDS or a lit scope. I have aimpoints on my ARs but recently got a primary arms aimpoint clone for the Henry that also has 50k hours battery life. I posted another thread that has my two best groups at 100y. So far the PA is holding up good, it's not an aimpoint but costs a lot less which suits my needs fine banging around the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I love them as they really help my 43y/o eyes. I focus on the target rather the front post, and shoot both eyes open. In hunting situations where the lighting is rarely ideal, a lit reticle is supreme imo whether it be a RDS or a lit scope. I have aimpoints on my ARs but recently got a primary arms aimpoint clone for the Henry that also has 50k hours battery life. I posted another thread that has my two best groups at 100y. So far the PA is holding up good, it's not an aimpoint but costs a lot less which suits my needs fine banging around the woods.

I found this link, is it the one ranked 7th I think?
http://www.bestreviews.guide/red-do...SLKJdzRpvVIMMB1p88Dd-mrzNzKaH4nRF1hoCpXfw_wcB

·
Registered
40 Posts
That one in your link is their older version. Almost the same but 1k hour battery life vs 50k. If you go on Amazon the model I got is called the Primary Arms advanced micro dot. It's $169, the older is $89

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I'm sure you will love the SBL. Mine is my go to rifle for hunting. The elk and deer I have taken will attest to that. With my old tired eyes I had to scope all of mine. I reload and shoot cast rounds .460 is the way to go. Working your loads up you will find that it is extremely accurate. If you don't reload you may want to consider that in the future. When you get it pictures here are a must and of course range report.

Reactions: quiet22
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.