Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my gun dealers shop to pick up some powder and scored on this mixed bag of factory loaded 45-70 ammo.

Top L-R
Remington Express 300 gr SJHP 20 rounds
DKT 500 gr Hornady FMJ 20 rounds
Bottom L-R
PMC 350 gr Hornady 20 rounds
Remington 405 gr SP 30 rounds
Boffalo Bore 430 gr LFN 53 rounds
CoreBon Single Shot Hunter 350 gr Bonded SP 17 rounds

All for $50

JD338

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
What gun store was that? Was the owners infant kid working the cash register? Do they know how bad you just ripped them off? What was the name of that gun store again??????????? ???

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't guess you stole it, since you did pay something for the ammo. When I find a good deal, I have to remember to keep from smiling too big before paying, don't fumble around with getting the wallet out, and don't run like a thief after the deal is done. BTW, great buy on the ammo.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Cowboy gun said:
How come I can't ever get lucky like that... ???
+1....GREAT find JD!

·
Super Moderator
12,205 Posts
fuzzymuzzle said:
When I find a good deal, I have to remember to keep from smiling too big before paying, don't fumble around with getting the wallet out, and don't run like a thief after the deal is done.
Haha this is so true. Good score though, have fun with that stuff!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My FFL buddy grabbed this for me. The problem is that the original owner opened up all the boxes and wrote "his" notes with magic marker on the boxes, repackaged some of them into plastic boxes and used duct tape to keep them secure.
There is no resale value for my buddy.

That said, the Buffalo Bore "new box" price is $61.00 each! We both knew that and I took it.

I am awaiting a DRC lever and SS follower and then it will be play time! ;D

JD338

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I would have paid 2X what you paid just for the Buffalo Bore, Sweet deal!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Good giong Jim :)..great deal for sure!..I don't reload (YET)...bought 2 boxes of the barnes tsx 300 gr at $47 a box...federal blue box about $44 a box ::)....time to start reloading in the new year for sure, Lou

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Can't reload for that. Good find!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
People trade in the '' hot'' loads pretty often I made a similar score not to long ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Excellent... some guys have the luck...

Quick question: how did you get the large picture to embed in your msg? My pics always come out like little stamp size pic, even at large 470 res... thx.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
You made a great buy on the Remmy's--the rest were free. The last order I had for ammo was delivered to my door and the freight was almost as much as you paid for all the ammo-----

Now--I'm so discouraged---sighhhhhhhhh---- :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I thought I was getting a good deal when I paid $40 for this

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
gonzo said:
I thought I was getting a good deal when I paid $40 for this
You did--but according to the date stamp on your picture that was 2 years ago also.

Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts