Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I,m wondering if you good folks here at MO have used or tried the 45/45/10 lube brings a new meaning to Pan lubing
The Recipie is 45/45/10 mixture of Johnson's Paste Wax (JPW), Lee Liquid Alox (LLA) and odorless mineral spirits (MS). All three ingredients are readily available and inexpensive. I,m not sure if I,m doing right here but I,m putting the link for the full Process here Tumble Lubing--Made Easy & Mess-Free

All The Credit Here Goes to Recluse I,m just Passing along some real fine Lube to some of the Folks here that have never Heard or Used this Fine Stuff

DOGG!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
45/45/10 really isn't designed to be a pan lubing formula. It was made to replace tumble lubing with straight Lee liquid alox. I add some extra beeswax to my 45/45/10 and dip lube my bullets (even the tumble lube groove ones). Then run them through a cutter and finally a once through a lee push through sizer, base first. Though, for my 30 cal rifles loads, I've switched over to LSStuff's Caranuba Red.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I tumble em as cast let em dry run em thru the sizer and tumble again let em dry and put some powder under them I was getting 1900 fps out of the 1895 with 0 leading with a plain base bullet GC,d I,m sure you could push them real hard

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Made my second batch not long ago. Great results with it so far.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, you can push recluse lubed bullets pretty hard. I've run it up to around 2400 fps with no leading (gas checked bullets though) using the dip method, which will actually fill the grooves of both tumble lube and classic grooved bullets.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've been using it for a couple years with great success. I dip my rifle bullets and tumble lube my handgun bullets.

Key

1 - 6 of 6 Posts