Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my third Marlin. This one is in 444 marlin. I had been told that I shouldn't try to use the Hornady Leverevolusion ammo in this gun as it will lock up the action. I tried to hand load a round in the magazine and darn if it didn't jam up. Has anyone else experienced this ? I tried a couple of different flat nose rounds in Hornady and Remington and they worked very well.

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
I would clean the bore with a foaming bore cleaner before trying the Gummie Bear Bullets, you never know, it just may shoot them fine!

Reactions: mt_sourdough

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
If the load shoots well, you can pick up one of the FTX-friendly followers for under $10, from quite a few places.
Midway sells them for $7.

If you have a metal follower, you could probably trade with someone on Marlin Owners that doesn't want the FTX follower, for the cost of shipping.
(Any .30-30, .35 Rem, .38-55, or .444 follower will work.)

I'm usually a, "keep that plastic out of my guns" type of guy. But I recently discovered that the new style follower seems to work better for wide meplat bullets, as well. So, I may run one in my 444, even though I don't plan to ever shoot FTX bullets/ammo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.