Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 444S on another site for 375.00 shipped. Waiting on pics and a date of manufacture. Looked on GB and saw a couple in the 400.00 range. So the question is, is this a fair price? I'll have to add another 15.00 for transfer fees.
My Guide gun is tellin me to get it, its tired of being the only lever in the safe.

·
Super Moderator
7,964 Posts
It all depends on what condition it's in.

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
I'd jump on it if it is in good condition.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
tater1961 said:
Waiting on pics. The guy says in good condition with minor handling wear.
If that's the case, Do It!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Got mine for $200 off a guy that needed money quick. Decent shape, needs a little bluing touch up, but overall happy with the deal. I would go for it depending on condition. Good Luck

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the info and pics. It's a 71 model and a nice looking rifle. The boss put her foot down and thinks we need a new couch. So no 444 for me at this time. If anybody wants info on this I can send the website its listed on to you in an IM. I don't think it would be right to post a link to another websites classifieds.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I'm on that rifle right now I do believe.... but I got money stashed from wifey poo... ha ha ha ha....
What does the S mean?
Sporter? built from 1972-1988???

·
Super Moderator
16,333 Posts
I_LOVE_GRANPAS_GUNS said:
I'm on that rifle right now I do believe.... but I got money stashed from wifey poo... ha ha ha ha....
What does the S mean?
Sporter?
built from 1972-1988???
Yes 1972-1982, and SS Safety Sporter started in 1983

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as the 444S designation goes, the serial number starts with a 71. Is this a left over 71 rifle that was sold in 72?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I paid $400 for my 05 in very good condition, so I'd say $375 was a good price. I would actually pay more now because I never see any use Marlins in my area of Montana. I'm guessing that if its just an "S" it has no cross block safety? S.

·
Super Moderator
16,333 Posts
mt101 said:
I paid $400 for my 05 in very good condition, so I'd say $375 was a good price. I would actually pay more now because I never see any use Marlins in my area of Montana. I'm guessing that if its just an "S" it has no cross block safety? S.
That is correct, the abominable CBS started in 1983 with the SS Model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts