Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 444P I am selling. I just don't shoot it much if at all. I have probably put 200 rounds through the gun since I bought it used. My 45-70 pretty much gets all my time and attention in the big bore category so I am thinning the herd. This is a real JM stamped gun and the action is smooth and it appears to be as accurate as anything I own but I have not shot it enough to claim accuracy. When I got it from a guy in Colorado it looked like it had been shot some but not a lot. There has only been one issue I found in this gun. On occasion I will get a light strike on the primer so I changed out the firing pin for a one piece firing pin and have not had that happen since. The gun will be sold with both the one piece firing pin and the factory firing pin.

Before I go through the hassle of pictures, etc. do you mind just letting me know if anyone here would consider this gun. If not, I will try to sell locally on another site.

TIA

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
I'm interested in your 444P. How much do you want for it? Take a look at the 39A I just put up for sale. It's as nice as you'll find.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it. I should have known that was a dumb post from the start. Pictures coming. SN 010xxxxx. Stars around the Model & cal designations so I assume this has Ballard rifling.

Teaser pic of model and cal:

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
LOL! guess that answers your question of interest!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
444P
18" Barrel
JM
SN starts with 010..... 2009 built gun
I AM NOT SELLING THE SCOPE IN THESE PICS. (The scope is one of my favorites Leupold FXII 6x36 LR)
$700 plus shipping. You pick the shipping and either money order or PayPal.
No trades.

SN and hammer:

I installed a Wild West Happy Trigger kit. This is an average trigger pull in lbs:

Crown:

Action open, small scratch near port and some use on feed gate. Installed the Bear Proof extractor :

I am not sure what this is as it came this way. Slight ring round butt area:

Left forearm small scratch hard to see in pic:

Left rear stock small scratch.

Action open different lighting:

Underside butt:

Underside forearm:

Right side barrel:

Right side forearm:

Right side action:

Right side butt stock:

The JM!

Left side:

Left side receiver:

Left side butt stock:

It's a nice gun I just don't shoot it much...

And the model and cal pic again:

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Thanks for posting a selling price Val as it is required to post anything in the classifieds. Other than that omission, your pictures and explanations for each are exactly what is needed for a "positive" online sale in my opinion. The pictures are clear and you specifically show anything you consider to be a possible issue with "any" possible buyer.

Again, I do not normally comment on anything in the classifieds unless I am serious about buying. I will say only this ... you are only about 30 miles from me and this would have given us a great opportunity to meet up for the first time but I made a deal on my second 444P just yesterday morning.

I congratulate you on a very nice for sale ad that should eliminate a lot of questions about your fine Marlin :congrats:. Now back to your sale ...

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
I think the 01 sn, makes it a '99. These were made from '99 to '02. That is a nice lookin 444.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have the original ejector and trigger?
Yes, and a buyer will get both if they like. I prefer the WWG parts but I keep all my parts and will gladly send both and let you decide.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK. This will be interesting. We always hear how well Marlin lever guns hold their value, right? Well, this 444P I bought for $ 700 about two years ago. I put in the WWG Happy Trigger Kit and Bearproof extractor total of around $90. I have shot it just over 200 rounds based on my records. Today I am asking $ 700. Each day I am going to drop the price by $20 until I get a sale. When will I be dropping the price? Sometime each day and you will not know when. So, here is a real world experiment with the TRUE value of a JM Marlin in very good condition and popular caliber.

Right now, still $700

Doug, is this illegal on the forum? I know you are watching and you were a slow on the brass.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
OK. This will be interesting. We always hear how well Marlin lever guns hold their value, right? Well, this 444P I bought for $ 700 about two years ago. I put in the WWG Happy Trigger Kit and Bearproof extractor total of around $90. I have shot it just over 200 rounds based on my records. Today I am asking $ 700. Each day I am going to drop the price by $20 until I get a sale. When will I be dropping the price? Sometime each day and you will not know when. So, here is a real world experiment with the TRUE value of a JM Marlin in very good condition and popular caliber.

Right now, still $700

Doug, is this illegal on the forum? I know you are watching and you were a slow on the brass.
I would suggest you just simply adjust your price when you think it needs lowering due to not selling.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bjm,

That would be too conventional. I like the idea of folks already knowing this will go down each day. Interesting, don't you think? :ahhhhh:

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Steedgun

Nice 444P. Hey I know they aren't included, but what rings are on that Beauty? I Like'em...:biggrin:

Thanks, and good luck with sale. You wont need the luck though...:tee:
BloodGroove4570

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.